Your views on Expecting and Parenting Teens
Brave Foundation builds a village of support and acceptance around expecting and parenting teens. Our mission is to create support and education pathway plans, reduce stigma and connect the dots to meet the needs for these young people nationally.
Brave Foundation has always received many differing views and commentary from the public regarding supporting the expecting and parenting teen in Australia. Brave Foundation is seeking out views from the general public regarding the Expecting and Parenting Teen.
You may not know an Expecting or Parenting Teen but have a view about them, this could be a young woman/man that lives in your street or suburb, who shops at your local supermarket, this could be your niece/nephew, daughter/son, or it could even be your story.
In 2017, we are a very progressive society that is prepared to tackle the hard questions. We each have a voice in creating a village around the expecting and parenting teen in Australia – what is your voice and what are your views? We want to know. All opinions are confidential.
Please take this 3-minute survey and have your say.
1. Were/are you a teen parent?
Yes (go to Q2)
No (go to Q7)
2. How old were you when you had your baby?
3. Were you at school at the time?
4. Did you experience any stigma in relation to your teen pregnancy?
If yes, please tick the following boxes of where you experienced stigma:
Hospital / GP Visits
Other, please provide as much detail as you are comfortable with:
5. Did you finish or cease your schooling at some stage?
YES, I ceased before year 12
NO, I had already finished year 12
I am still studying/finishing high school
6. Where were you living when you discovered that you were going to be a parent?
Living with parent/s
Living with partner
Other (i.e. share house)
If other, please specify
7. Do you think teen parents should receive financial support/welfare from the Government?
8. What is your attitude towards pregnant teens? Tick all that you agree with
They should have been more careful
The girl is promiscuous
It’s an unfortunate situation for them
It could happen to anyone
It only happens to people from lower socio economic backgrounds
If it happened to someone I know I would be as supportive as possible
They purposely fall pregnant to receive social welfare benefits
They should be able to receive social welfare benefits from the Government
9. What do you think is the most common social issue for teenage parents? (tick all you agree with)
Long term unemployment
Lack of education
Lack of acceptance
10. Have you heard of the Brave Foundation?
11. Brave Foundation exists to serve expecting and parenting teens AFTER the fact. Brave does not enter into the choice debate. Do you think teen parents should be given financial assistance to complete their schooling and enter the workforce?
12. What is your age?
10 – 15
16 – 20
31 – 40
41 – 50
51 – 60
13. What is your gender?
14. What is the highest level of education you have achieved?
Do Not Fill This Out